Milagro: Fremont for Guatemala
In October of 2019, you generously opened yourself and your pocketbook to help Nursing Heart's mission in Guatemala. Little did we know what we would experience in the months ahead. Fifty percent of funding was derived from nursing groups which can no longer travel. Meanwhile, NHI is striving to continue to meet the needs of marginalized communities which have experienced additional significant difficulties due to COVID-19.
Your donation this year would help us continue our care for our brothers and sisters who have no access to medical resources or other relief. We are all grateful for your willingness to be part of the Founder's Drive to Protect the Mission of Nursing Heart.
Ron Noecker, Founder, with
Dr. Greg and Mary Haskins and
Drs. Evelyn and Tom McKnight
Here's what we're doing in the wake of COVID-19:
- Getting food to elderly people facing food insecurity.
- Continuing cervical cancer screenings with localities with the help of Guatemalan health professionals.
- Safely continuing essential parasite treatments with grade schools.
- Developing new virtual global health programs with our nursing school partners.
- Developing new health worker training programs with vulnerable communities to support local autonomy in public health.